Sunday, August 10, 2008

Cougar Mt. TT, another perspective...


(From L to R: Tina (tri-team), Sabrina Hirsch, Evan Brown)
This is my first season racing and this was my 4th Time Trial. I chose the Cougar Mountain TT as a target event a couple months ago and since then have been riding the group Tuesday/Thursday hill climb rides meeting at 6am (Husky Stadium). While it was not always easy to get my behind out of bed at 5am twice a week to face some of Seattle's toughest inner-city climbs, the noticeable increase in my ability kept me going.
In addition to weekly training I had been riding out to Cougar Mountain a few times to repeat the climb. Despite a crash two weeks ago, descending The Coug, where I broke my bike and face, I still managed to place 5th among the women with a time of 17:34.
Which brings me to my next point, I would love to see more ladies out there! Tina, from the tri team attended and finished very strongly, and it was such a pleasure to see another girl representing Cycle U. If it means me heading women only rides I am game, anyone interested email me, sabrinahirsch@gmail.com.

2 comments:

Dessa said...

That is great result Sabrina! Way to go

Unknown said...

Fantastic time Sabrin....your training really paid off! It was great to meet more of the Cycle U team...you guys rock!